Saturday, December 15, 2012

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I know it has been awhile since I have posted, and to be honest it partially is because it has been an incredibly rewarding but also trying and exhausting last few weeks. Andrew and Patrick are beginning to figure out walking and they love trying to take more steps just as much as we love watching them, but they also have learned the art of the temper tantrum when I tell them no, as well as the fact that we still have meal time struggles. However, in light of the tragedy that occurred in Newtown, CT yesterday, it put my troubles as a mother in perspective.

I woke up this morning and my beautiful little boys are still here. I cannot even begin to imagine what that would feel like if that weren't the case. So today has become a hug my little men a little closer, strip them down to their diapers, feed them PB&J which necessitated a mid day bath for some huge laughs and big smiles kind of day.  A little bit of love and laughter from my children is the best medicine in light of everything that has happened.

Andrew, left; Patrick, right (clearly PB&J belongs on top of your head too)

Today my heart goes out to all of the families who lost their little blessed loved ones as well as those that lost the wonderful people who dedicate their lives to helping to raise and protect our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment