Monday, September 24, 2012

5 Funniest/Most Annoying Things People Say

The other day as I was posting a status on Facebook, I realized that it's about time I find a new way to update my friends on everything going on with my big fat baby twins! Now that they do more than just sit there and look cute, our lives have gotten a lot more interesting and hectic around here. To think, I thought things were crazy before!

 Only a few minutes old in the picture above!


Also, just so you know why I've decided to call this blog "My Big Fat Baby Twins", it's because they were 7.5 lbs when they were born. In the world of twins, that's massive! Plus, unfortunately for them, they have definitely inherited the big heads of their mommy and daddy (97th percentile!). I can't help but love my big fat baby twins. :)

They both are crawling, and starting to stand up. Andrew started crawling a couple of weeks before Patrick, but now that Patrick has finally figured it out, he crawls just as fast as Andrew. It's crazy how he went from not crawling to sprint crawling in just a few days. It's like he was observing until he knew how to do it, and then off he goes!

So, now that you've gotten a little update as to where they both are, I thought I'd start my first post with the 5 funniest/most annoying things people have said to me while out in public.

5. "Better you than me." Really? I agree. If someone thinks this is anything other than a blessing, they are idiots in my opinion. My twin boys are the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me and yes, it is exhausting at times, but I would never want it any other way. It is simply amazing to get to watch not one, but two of my children grow up before my eyes.

4. "You're so brave to be out doing errands." Ok, so I appreciate the sentiment that you all think I'm supermom, because that's kind of cool. I love that people are amazed by me, but I mean, come on, what else am I supposed to do? Just stay at home and never go anywhere?

3. "Are they twins?" No, the two identical boys that are in a double stroller are mine and then my husband's mistress's. Of course they are! I know it's a conversation starter, but after the 100th person asks you, it definitely gets old. The best was when a lady asked me that, and her friend said to her, no, one of them is actually 2. It was awesome! Just a piece of advice, if you see someone with twins and you want to talk to them, start with, how old are they? That way if you weren't sure if they really were twins (for instance boy/girl twins), you kill two birds with one stone by the way they respond.

2. "My kids are only 10 months apart, it's exactly like having twins." No offense lady, but no, it's not. I understand that having two kids that close in age must have its own difficulties. However, I missed the part where your kids were going through the exact same milestones at the exact same times. Oh, so you could hand your 10 month old some finger foods while you fed your newborn. That must have been the exact same as when I had to feed two newborns at the exact same time...

1. "What's the age difference?" Now that was the absolute funniest. I wanted to just laugh in the ladies face. When I said, "Two minutes" she looked so confused, so I followed with, "They're twins." She responded, "Oh, I thought that one was older." The kicker, I had them dressed identically that day! I still just laugh at how special that lady was.

I'm sure there will be many more special moments that I will share over the years, but for now that's all I've got. I will update as often as possible and I hope you enjoy as I share the ups and downs of raising my amazing twin boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment