Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sunday Not-So-Fun Day

This may be surprising to find out, but the hardest adjustment I've had to make up to this point is how to deal with NFL Sunday. It's not the sleepless nights I had at the beginning or the never having a weekend off or sick days. It is 100% most definitely figuring out how to enjoy the NFL season.

Dave with Patrick, left and Andrew, right

Andrew and Patrick may look incredibly adorable dressed up in their NFL gear but it doesn't help when they scream and cry and yell for your attention while all you really want to do is watch your game. I love my children, and as I've said many times before, they are the best thing, along with my husband, that has ever happened to me. HOWEVER, with the Brady v. Manning showdown Sunday, it was not nearly as much fun to watch with screaming children.

Sunday was one of those days they were particularly fussy and for the first time in a very long time, I don't really know everything going on this NFL season. I usually pride myself on knowing everything going on with each team, but this year I have to admit I barely know what's going on. Heck, with all the players the Patriots cut during preseason, I barely even know my own team.


Patrick left, Andrew right

Oh well! I guess I'll just have to find solace in looking at my boys in their adorable jerseys! It's just football after all (I can't believe I just said that!). By the way, in case anyone is wondering how we agreed to deal with the fact that Dave is a Steelers fan while I am a Patriots fan, we split time in jerseys. They only wear them if the two teams are playing at different times so that we can switch them for each respective game. Also, we agreed on Polamalu and Gronkowski jerseys because we each respect those players. There will be no Roethlisberger or Brady jerseys in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment