Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Stair Climbing

When baby proofing our house, we opted to just put gates at the top of each set of stairs to prevent them falling down, as well as gates to keep them out of the kitchen to give us a little more time to get all the child safety stuff installed in there.

Our thinking was that they will always be supervised so if they go to try to climb up the stairs I will always be able to grab them and keep them from trying to climb up and hurt themselves, or be able to sit there and supervise so that I can catch them if they fall. 

 Patrick with Bruschi in the background

Well, as of last Thursday, we may need to rethink that! I guess we didn't think of the twin factor when making that decision. As I was running off into the dining room to bring Patrick back into the living room, Andrew decided to start climbing the stairs. Luckily, he didn't hurt himself, but he did manage to climb up THREE stairs before I grabbed him and told him not to do that...

Andrew

Although, I must say it makes me one proud mama. It took him no time at all to do that, so I guess he is really starting to figure out this world which is really cool to see. Plus, it reminds me of a story my grandmother's neighbor Paula (pretty much another grandma to me) told me about when I was a baby and we were visiting my grandma in Boston. 

Patrick

Apparently while my dad was putting together my crib, I started climbing on the unfinished project and was just dangling from it. Paula asked my dad if I should be doing that, and he just shrugged and said, it's ok, she does it all the time. I guess like mother, like son. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment